Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Las Vegas Classic

The Las Vegas Classic is going to be huge this year I can feel it. I did my first bikini contest in Nov 2010 and won first place at the Las Vegas Classic in Bikini Division Class C. Now as some might think this is an awesome achievement it seriously might have been one of the worst punishments I could have given myself. I have so much to live up and when I don't well it kills me and I learned this the hard way when I entered the Nevada State Championships in Reno, June 2011 and came 4th. What in the world is 4th??? Major let down on my ego and now I feel I have to work harder to redeem myself.

I am 66 days out to my next show and need a miracle if I'm going to make it. Sure I can enter but I dont enter for fun, I enter to win! This show will help me decide if I am going to continue competing or not. I had qualified for USA Nationals after my first win but wasn't able to enter since I wasn't a US Citizen this was another blow which I am still bitter about.

My advice to any one who is thinking about competing is you need to know this can either make you or break you. I feel my body is amazing compared to how I was standing at 153lbs. I had a 37lbs weight loss for my first show and I felt like a million bucks. You become obsessed with your competition body, body fat and dress size. I wore size 3 Jeans I was like WOW!! I was down to 117lbs and I am 5'5 which wasn't very healthy but for once I was like look at me I'm skinny. Ever since then I have battled to love myself, after each show I blew up and was miserable. I am not genetically blessed and my body sucks up fat and carbs as if I am going into hibernation. Its an awesome experience to be on stage with a bright spot light on you and to know you have earned every second on that stage. I just advise everyone to know that there is a chance you will go back to your old eating habits, I know people who are in worse shape after a show than when they initially started. Its hard and its no fairy tale ending... I just wish I knew then what I know now.

I am open to any questions, comments and advice. That was a lot for me to admit and I hope I have not offended anyone or the fitness industry...

Hope you all keep up the good work and remember it has to be a lifestyle and there is NOT a quick fix!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jan, this is so heartfelt. It was awesome reading this.... it makes me even more proud of you that you can admit to the world that this isn't all it looks to be. I can't wait for the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty in this piece. Not many people are willing to tell you the truth about their fitness journeys! I think you have done a fan freaking tastic job and can only get better from here on out.

    I do wish you were in SAfrica so I could bug you to be my gym buddy haha but I'd probably crumble after 15min workout...

    I'm a child of quick fixes....my whole life I haev taken everything imagineable to be thin but it hasnt gotten me anywhere so now am trying to consciously make it part of my lifestyle. I will definitely be following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lady for the support.

    NuNuza please stay focused and just remember abs are made in the kitchen. Your diet is the most important part of weight loss and workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's the toughest thing to change....but I am working on it ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete